If you have a mom pooch, excess skin, or have had significant weight loss, a tummy tuck can give your smoother tighter abdomen. The results unlike many non-invasive procedures (cool sculpting, kybella, etc) are permanent and can result in incredible transformations.
Wondering what will happen to the belly button in this surgery? If you have this question, this blog article to learn how tummy tuck gives you a natural belly button look.
A tummy tuck is a process of removing the extra skin and fat from your abdominal area. Moreover, to give a smooth and toned surface, your plastic surgeon may also repair weakened or separated muscles (diastasis recti) and perform liposuction to help achieve a curvy waist.
By correcting the stomach area, often women remark that their thighs and hips look better as well. Moreover, if a person’s weight has fluctuated throughout their life or women have given natural childbirth, they may have a higher amount of excess skin on the abdomen relative to others. This skin gets collected around your belly button, which gives a look of a hood over the navel area. You may also experience ripples and folds that make you uncomfortable or self-conscious.
Additionally, people who have lost extreme weight often have excess skin or a pannus. A tummy tuck can help you remove this. Your plastic surgeon with remove the excess weight or reposition it and contour the remaining part of your abdomen, resulting in a more natural and attractive look. This process also helps you remove stretch marks as this skin is typically removed.
Your plastic surgeon knows that you want a natural and great looking naval. It can be a little confusing as some people define the belly button as only the umbilical stalk, but most people when they think of the belly button it is the skin surrounding the stalk that creates a puckered or hollowed indentation.
Most surgeons will not move the position of your umbilical cord but simply move the skin around it. A new hole will be cut for your belly button, and it will be pulled through the hole (sort of like a button in a button hole). They then will suture or stitch the belly button in place. We do recommend looking at before and after photos for your chosen plastic surgeon carefully as often if there are complications it can occur at the belly button and lead to deformations.
If you are thinking about undergoing a tummy tuck, choose a plastic surgeon carefully. Here are some quick tips but also check out our full blog article.
1. Board-classified plastic surgeon - This proves that they have the expertise and education to carry out tummy tuck with skill and can give the quality results that you are aiming for.
2. Online Reviews and Friend Referrals - Besides looking for surgeons with proper education, you also need to look for other things. You need to search for surgeons’ past experiences. Check the negative reviews for poor surgery outcomes.
3. Before and after Photos - Most surgeons have websites that also show before and after pictures of the procedure. Go to their website and Instagram account. Go through every page. Look for the images that show before and after tummy tuck procedures. Then, it’s time to be honest with yourself. Do you like pictures? Do you find the before and after pictures same? Are you looking for the same results? You should feel relief after watching these pictures and be satisfied with their outcomes.
4. Consultations - Your consultation appointment is your first interaction with your surgeon. In this meeting, your plastic surgeon will take a close look at your anatomy. They sometimes also mark up your skin to come up with the different options for tummy surgery. You also need to give your medical history to ensure that this process will not affect your other chronic health problems if any.
5. Questions - Finally, you are free to ask all the questions running in your mind. If you decided to go further, they would schedule your surgery time. As your surgeon is the person who is going to address your concerns, perform the surgery, and then help you recover, it's vital to opt for the best one.